Welcome to BLU 2017:
Please find your updated information for this year’s retreat!
When to Arrive!
Feel free to arrive as early as 1pm!
Between 1-4, you’ll have a chance to register, get settled in your cabin, and get the party started with fun and games!
At 4pm, our first workshops schedule will begin!
Dinner will be served at 6pm, so if you’re coming on Friday make sure to eat before arriving, or pick up something to eat along the way!
The retreat location this year will be at the Gindling Hilltop Camp in Malibu, CA.
Using Google Maps or Waze…
If you’d prefer actual directions:
The most direct route is via the Pacific Coast Highway…
Coming from Los Angeles, from the end of the Santa Monica Freeway (10), you will head north on PCH, and drive 29.3 miles north, until you reach Yerba Buena Road (The restaurant “Neptune’s Net” is on corner of PCH and Yerba Buena.)
Make a right on Yerba Buena, travel another ½ mile up Yerba Buena, and enter Gate 4 on the left – the road winds 1.5 miles up to Hilltop.
More detailed instructions can be found at the facility’s website:
If you are coming in from out of town, we do have an option for you… We have a shuttle service that originates at our hospitality suite, which is at a hotel blocks from the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
An Uber ride from LAX to the site is estimated to run $60 or more.
What to Bring? What to Wear? What to Expect
The best part about BLU is that the retreat is casual… and you can be as casual or as dressy as you’d like to be!
The weather: Highs near 90, Lows in the low 70’s.
Looks like short and t-shirt weather during the day.
At night… we may have cooler ocean breezes, so don’t forget a jacket or heavy sweatshirt.
We will be having “The White Party,” so plan for that… and our famous “Pool Party,” a swimsuit, shorts and a T… whatever you’re comfortable in.
Also… plan to bring:
- Sleeping bag or other bedding (sheets, blankets, pillow), Towels and washcloths.
- Stadium Pillow or Blanket (for our evening shows)
- Bring your dancing shoes, because we there will be Dancing at BLU!
- And bring your whites, because we’ll be having the White party!
- Bring your hiking shoes (or sturdy tennis shoes), because there will be opportunities for hiking!
- Bring your drum, because we will be drumming… and Afrikan Dancing! (Don’t worry if you don’t have a drum to bring… We’ve got your back!)
- Want to create work of art to take home with you? Got it.
- Ready to challenge your body as well as your mind? Join us for Morning Yoga!
- Want to honor the relationship that you are in? We’re doing it.
- Want to work on your dating skills? This is the place.
- Do you like to eat? Our food gets consistently high marks from attendees!
- Do you want to relax? You will.
- Have any $$ left? Bring it for our vendors, or to purchase some BLU gear!
- In addition, make sure that you bring:
- If you are sleeping in a cabin or camping: Sleeping bag or other bedding (sheets, blankets, pillow), Towels and washcloths.
- Shower Shoes
- an extension cord or a power strip if you have things to plug in.
- Water Bottle
- Clothes to have fun in… Basketball, games, etc.
BLU 2017 Facebook Group
If you are on Facebook, you can join our BLU 2017 Facebook group!
This group is limited to those who register and attend…
It’s a great way to meet folks in advance, and to share your stories and tips…
Registration for the retreat is closed…
But we might have room for a few more. Have them email us immediately if interested.
If you completed the retreat registration your friend/partner and used your email address, please make sure to forward this to them! Especially for the travel and Facebook group info.